Canon has announced a killer new entry level camera into its line up. If you read my review from yesterday about “Where do I rent cameras and other gear”, you know that I’m a big fan of the Rebel series. It’s also my recommended entry level camera in my highly popular “Which DSLR should I buy?” article. So when I read the specs for this camera and see that it’s like a mini Canon 7D, I’m blown away!
The Rebel series always pack lots of state of the art features, ease of use, and great value so if you are just getting started this is a great camera to begin your journey into the Digital SLR camera world.
- 18 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 4 processor with ISO 100-6400 (Expansion to 12800)
- Continuous shooting at 3.7fps
- Full HD movie recording with manual control and selectable frame rates
- 7.7cm (3.0”) 3:2 Clear View LCD with 1,040k dots
- iFCL metering System with 63-zone Dual-layer Metering Sensor
- Quick Control screen to change shooting settings
- Exposure compensation +/-5 stops.
- Select maximum value for Auto ISO
- External Microphone socket
- Movie crop function
- Eye-Fi connected functions compatibility