X-Rite has announced some cool new calibration devices this week that are great for wide gamut displays and projectors. These are not meant to replace the current ColorMunki Photo which is a spectrophotometer that can be used to create printer profiles, but rather these replace the old Pantone Huey and i1Display2 devices.
Each solution comes complete with our most technologically advanced colorimeter bundled with new display and projector profiling software to ensure unrivaled color accuracy and consistency now and in the future.
Cutting Edge Instrument Technology
X-Rite's next generation colorimeter delivers unrivaled color accuracy, repeatability, and device longevity.
- new optical system
- new filter technology
- new spectral calibration architecture
- new intelligent form factor
- supports all modern LCD display technologies including CCFL, White LED, RGB LED, and Wide Gamut display technologies as well as projectors.
Innovative Software Features
ColorMunki Display and i1Display pro each incorporate new software technologies to make the match between your display and printer more perfect:
- Ambient Light Measurement - automatically determine the optimum display
- Ambient Light Smart Control - automatically monitor changes in ambient light conditions
- Flare Correct™ -compensate for flare light (or glare) falling on surface of display
- Intelligent Iterative Profiling - an adaptive technology that produces optimized results for maximum color accuracy
- Automatic Display Control (ADC) technology automates the adjustment of your display's hardware (brightness/backlight, contrast, and color temperature) eliminating manual adjustments
i1Display Pro using i1Profiler Software
Both of these products come with the i1Profiler software which is really cool. Check out the video demo above.
Trade In – Trade Up! Program
Between June 20 and September 30, 2011, photographers and creative professionals can receive up to $40 cash back when they trade in their old monitor calibration system towards a new X-Rite solution. It’s as easy as 1 2 3 – Buy, Send and Receive your Money!
|ColorMunki Display (CMUNDIS)||any colorimeter||$25.00 rebate|
|i1Display Pro (EODIS3)||any colorimeter||$40.00 rebate|
Simply purchase one of the qualifying products shown above and submit the following to the address indicated on the rebate form:
- the completed rebate form
- a copy of the dated sales receipt for the ColorMunki display or i1Display Pro
- UPC code cut from the ColorMunki display or i1Display Pro packaging
- the colorimeter to be traded in (can be any X-Rite, PANTONE, competitor or private label colorimeter)
This offer is valid for purchases made and shipped within the US or Canada only. All rebate requests must be received on or before October 15, 2011 to qualify. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers.
Order Yours Today
If you want to do printing profiles too, then you’ll still need the existing ColorMunki Photo (currently on sale at B&H). For professionals with spectrophotometers (i.e., ColorMunki Photo), X-Rite now offers i1Publish.
Please visit back here for purchase links when I announce when they are in stock at B&H. At that time you’ll not only get the best price (probably lower than MSRP) you’ll also be able to take advantage of a trade-in or trade-up program.