From very early on this blog has been a big supporter of Think Tank Photo bags because I believe them to be the best bags on the market – PERIOD! However, there’s still plenty of people who believe that competitors bags are just as good, so I’m pleased to point to you some great whitepapers available on the ThinkTankPhoto site that might assist you in your purchase decision:
- Fear for Your Gear While Running Through the Airport
- Top Six Points When Choosing A Roller
- How Modular Belt Systems can Alleviate Bodily Aches and Pains
- Active Shooting
Free Bags for readers of this blog!
One of the problems with the special offer in the past was that the bags available changed from time to time, and sometimes the selection would be limited to as little as only one item. To prevent this problem in 2010, the kind folks at Think Tank Photo have updated the program to always include a choice of one of the following four bags. This means when you place any order over $50 (see below), you’ll get your choice of one of these cool products – for free:
Cable Management 20 – This bag is great for holding all of those miscellaneous cables in one handy place – especially useful for those doing video as the number of cables seem to grow exponentially!
Lock It Up - Accessory cable lock with combination.
Modular Pouch – This bag is handy for holding your phone, gadgets like a two-way radio to talk to your crew, Pocket Wizards, and more.
Pixel Pocket Rocket – This one is great to have on you (especially wedding and night photographers) when you are on the go and find yourself switching cards on the fly. You can find your cards quickly and avoid getting dirt on the contacts, plus its large enough for a nice system of “used” versus “unused” to avoid the disaster of accidentally formatting a card with pictures on it. I have a couple of these and love em (see my review here, about halfway down the page).
Security Tag – Of all the choices, this is the one I like the most – in fact, I’d like to have one for every piece of luggage I own! This is a tag with a unique serial number that you can register at http://www.thinktankphoto.com/lostandfound_registration.aspx that has a durable connector and is designed to survive even the most moronic goons at all the airports of the world. If your bag gets lost, there’s a mechanism for the finder to reach you. More importantly, if you’ve lost your bag and had to deal with the hassle of the Airport Lost & Found (where your gear might be there, but you’ll never get it back), you’ll find having a picture of your tag and a unique serial number as invaluable mechanism for them to have clear evidence that your bag belongs to you. This tag can’t be cut off easy, so the chances of theft behind the scenes go way down.
How to get your FREE ThinkTankPhoto bag
To get your free gift, you MUST start by clicking this link. When you do, you’ll enter Think Tank Photo’s site from this home page. If you don’t see this page, then contact me as something isn’t working properly.
After clicking the Continue Shopping link shop as normal. When you add an item to your cart you should see the Free Gift dialog like this:
After making a selection (I chose the Security Tag above), you should see your item in the cart with a zero total like below:
Complete your order and your free bag will be on its way!
Ron’s Think Tank Photo reviews
Think Tank Photo reviews here:
- Airport 4-Sight – Finally a camera bag that catches up with luggage and has 360 rotating wheels – woohoo!
- Airport Acceleration, Artificial Intelligence 17, Camera Straps & Support Straps – Find out how much you can stuff in these beasts, yet still be comfortable (even if you have a bad back like me)
- Airport Security v2.0 – Such a great roller that sometimes I dump my gear out and use it as a regular luggage bag!
- Airport AirStream – When you need a half size version of the Airport Security v2.0
- Airport TakeOff – An alternative to my favorite roller, the Airport Security
- Digital Holster 30 v2.0 – A must have for Modular Components owners
- Hydrophobia 70-200 Camera Rain Cover - Sports shooters (especially in the Northwest) – you’ll love this one!
- Logistics Manager - Take your studio to go!
- Modular Components v2.0 – Huge article covering over a dozen bags!
- Retrospective 20 – A nice stealth everyday or travel bag.
- Shape Shifter – Great for laptops and can be crushed flat for travel – much more useful than I expected!
- Sling-O-Matic – The best sling bag on the market
- Streetwalker Pro vs Glass Taxi - I struggle to decide which bag to take to a shoot – learn why both are great!
- Urban Disguise Series – My new shoulder bag for a quick grab and go situation
- Urban Disguise v2.0 Update (including UD4) – Learn about the updates to the Urban Disguise series for v2.
I may make a commission if you make a purchase using links found in this article. Please support this blog by returning here and using the link on this page whenever you order Think Tank Photo products (even if you don’t want the free gift)!