Think Tank Photo Airport Security v2.0 in a 757 Overhead Compartment
When flying to New York last week I was told by the flight attendant that my Airport Security v2.0 had to go into the overhead compartment long ways or else it would have to be checked. This is a pretty big bag so I normally store it sideways as you can see below, so I was about to argue as I had a lot of expensive gear in this bag:
When I tried to put my bag in wheels first it didn’t work, but when I put it in handle first it fit. Granted it was just about 1mm away from not fitting, but it fit. See the photo at the top of this article taken from my seat as evidence that the same exact bag shown below will fit (and I’m 6’1” in the photo below).
I think it may have been said that the plane had extended compartments. I’ve taken this bag with me countless times when travelling and always carried it on the plane. Once again I was very pleased that it managed to stay with me and not get checked in.
Thanks Think Tank Photo for making the best bags I’ve ever used! This bag went through hell getting hauled all around Manhattan, but it never let me down. I highly recommend the Airport Security v2.0.
FREE STUFF: Special Offer on ALL Think Tank Photo Bags
Other Think Tank Photo Bag Reviews
Think Tank Photo reviews here:
- Airport Acceleration, Artificial Intelligence 17, Camera Straps & Support Straps – Find out how much you can stuff in these beasts, yet still be comfortable (even if you have a bad back like me)
- Airport Security v2.0 – Such a great roller that sometimes I dump my gear out and use it as a regular luggage bag!
- Digital Holster 30 v2.0 – A must have for Modular Components owners
- Hydrophobia 70-200 Camera Rain Cover - Sports shooters (especially in the Northwest) – you’ll love this one!
- Logistics Manager - Take your studio to go!
- Modular Components – Huge article covering over a dozen bags!
- Retrospective 20 – A nice stealth everyday or travel bag.
- Sling-O-Matic – The best sling bag on the market
- Streetwalker Pro vs Glass Taxi - I struggle to decide which bag to take to a shoot – learn why both are great!
- Urban Disguise Series – My new shoulder bag for a quick grab and go situation
- Urban Disguise v2.0 Update (including UD4) – Learn about the updates to the Urban Disguise series for v2.
I was provided a free bag for testing for the purpose for my review. If you purchase TTP bags using links on this blog I will get a small commission, so I appreciate your support by using the links here!