My friends at Think Tank Photo today announced that a new product line, the Sub Urban Disguise, and a revision to its highly popular multi-function camera bag, the Change-Up V2.0, will be available in February. If you wish to be alerted when the new gear is in stock, click here and they will send you an email the moment they come into stock. In addition, as you are a friend of mine, you will receive free gear with your order of these and all other Think Tank Photo gear online.
The Sub Urban Disguise will be available in four sizes. Their features include a flip-top lid that folds away from the body to provide quick and unencumbered access to gear. The series meets the high-quality design standards of the original Think Tank Urban Disguise® series, but for smaller gear or photographers who want to travel light.
- The Sub Urban™ Disguise 5 holds a regular size DSLRs with one to two small telephotos or primes, or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It also accommodates Micro 4/3rds, Leica and Sony NEX systems. Great for Strobs as it fits two to three pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban™ Disguise 10 holds a regular size DSLRs with two to three small telephotos or primes, or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It also fits three pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban™ Disguise 20 holds regular size DSLRs with three to four small telephotos or primes or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It fits four to five pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban™ Disguise 30 fits a regular size DSLR and two to four standard telephoto lenses, or a D700 with a 24-70 2.8 attached. It can also hold an iPad or similarly-sized tablet.
Key features include:
- Flip top lid opens away from your body, providing easy access to gear
- Cleanly styled design, does not look like a traditional camera bag
- Highest quality materials
- Designed to easily fit DSLR equipment
- Large padded front pocket
- Easily accessible front organizer pocket
- Stretchable side pockets fit a water bottle
- Padded zippered pocket to accommodate an iPad or similarly-sized tablet (Suburban 30 only)
- Padded non-slip flexible shoulder strap
- Poly-ballistic fabric ensures durability
- High quality YKK zippers
- Seam-sealed rain cover included in front pocket
- Business card slot
Sub Urban Disguises’ all fabric exterior is treated with a Durable Water Resistant coating while the fabric underside is coated with Polyurethane for superior water resistance. It also uses YKK® RC Fuse zippers, 1680D ballistic polyester, 600D brushed polyester, 420D high-density nylon, Ultra-stretch pockets, antique nickel plated metal hardware, 3-ply bonded nylon thread. The interior features removable closed cell foam dividers, 200D polyester, PU backed velex liner, 2x PU coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Sub Urban™ Disguise 5
- Internal Dimensions: 6.6” x 7.4” x 5” (16.8 x 18.8 x 12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 8” x 8.5” x 6.4” (20.3 x 21.6 x 16.3 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.1lbs (0.5kg); Minimum weight: 1.0lb (0.4kg)
Sub Urban™ Disguise 10
- Internal Dimensions: 8.8” x 7.4” x 5” (22.4 x 18.8 x 12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 10.5” x 8.5” x 7” (26.7 x 21.6 x 17.8 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.4lb (0.6kg); Minimum weight: 1.2lb (0.5kg)
Sub Urban™ Disguise 20
- Internal Dimensions: 11” x 7.4” x 5” (27.9 x 18.8 x 12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 12” x 8.5” x 7” (30.5 x 21.6 x 17.8 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.6lbs (0.7kg); Minimum weight: 1.3lb (0.6kg)
Sub Urban™ Disguise 30
- Internal Dimensions: 11” x 9.5” x 5” (27.9 x 22.9 x 12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 11.5” x 10” x 7.3” (29.2 x 25.4 x 18.5 cm) (W x H x D)
- iPad pocket: 10.7” x 8.5” x .8” (27.2 x 21.6 x 2 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.5lb (1.0kg) ; Minimum weight: 2.3lb (0.7kg)
The Change-Up V2.0 has updated sizing and new features. This bag, a chameleon of sorts, can change from belt pack to shoulder bag to chest pack via the harness system. In addition, many Think Tank Modular and Skin Components can attach to the waist belt straps. With the ability to carry a standard-size DSLR and a 70-200 2.8, (detached), it has a significant amount of capacity in a lightweight, body conforming shape. Alternately, it holds a standard-size DSLR with 24-70 2.8 attached, plus one to three additional lenses.
Its essential features include:
- Can be worn either as a shoulder camera bag, belt pack, or chest pack
- Tall design accommodates DSLR equipment easily
- Soft, lightweight materials contour to the body
- Compression straps to adjust fit
- Attachment rail for modular components (6” width)
- One-handed zipper opens wide and provides quick access to gear
- Easily accessible front organizer pocket
- Stretchable side mesh pockets for water bottle or strobe
- Durability that you’ve come to expect from the Think Tank brand
- Highest quality YKK zippers
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
Change-Up V2.0 enhancements include:
- Increased height to fit all 70-200 2.8 lenses
- Increased depth of top of bag to fit standard-size bodies
- Added compression straps
- Increased padding of back panel for added comfort
- Belt strap tuck-away function improved by creating two separate pockets
- Decreased weight and increased flexibility
- Removed rear zippered pocket to allow fit for body while keeping bag slim
- Change zipper application to “clam-shell” one handed application (one slider)
- Rain cover moved to new zippered pocket on the bottom edge of the front panel
Change-Up V2.0’s all fabric exterior is treated with Durable Water Resistant coating while its fabric underside is coated with Polyurethane for superior water resistance. It uses YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, brushed 600D polyester, 250D shadow ripstop nylon, 100D ripstop nylon, 420HD nylon, Ultra-Stretch mesh pockets, 3D air mesh, antique nickel plated metal hardware, rock-lockster buckles, high-density foam shoulder strap, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread. Its interior features removable closed cell foam dividers, 210D silver-toned nylon, PU backed velex liner, 2x PU coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- External Dimensions: 11.5” W x 10.5” H x 6” D (29.2 × 26.7 × 15.2cm)
- Internal Dimensions: 11.2” W x 10” H x 5.8” (28.4 × 25.4 × 14.7cm)
- Weight: 1.5-2.2 lbs (0.7-1.0 kg) Minimum weight = two hinged dividers only
CLICK HERE to be alerted when these new bags are in stock and to be sure you get a free gear when you place your order.
Other Articles You May Enjoy
- Think Tank Photo Camera Bag Reviews
- Kelly Moore Thirst Relief Bag Review
- Kelly Moore Chapel Bag Review
- Kelly Moore B-Hobo & Kelly Boy Bag Review
- Things You Need AFTER You Buy Your New Camera - Must Have Photography Accessories
If you make a purchase using links found in this article, I may make a commission.