My good friend and Pulitzer Prize winning photojournalist, Gary Parker, has a cool new blog that I love and I think you will too!
In the spirit of a picture is worth a thousand words, here’s an authorized screen grab so you can see at a glance what his articles look like:
This is a well respected pro and 2x photographer of the year sharing his lighting tricks with diagrams. Gary Parker is basically the Joe McNally of the Canon world, so its fun to see how he pulls off some of these shots he does. This particular one was done in film 9 years ago with some technology that sure looks a lot like the Google Glasses of today!
Gary has photographed the who’s who of high tech from Steve Jobs to Bill Gates and everyone in between, yet he’s not a one trick pony. He’s also done some of the most amazing pet photography and national ad campaigns that will make you do a double-take and say – hey, I just saw that at the store today!
The fact that he’s sharing his knowledge on a free platform like this blog is friggin awesome, so go check it out – you might learn a thing or two and it won’t cost you a penny!
Here’s Gary’s sites which I’m sure you’ll enjoy:
- http://blog.garyparker.com/ – Check this out first!
Here’s a few guest blogs he has done for me too:
- Getting The Shot: Steve Jobs and Laurene Powell Jobs In Love by Gary Parker
- Getting The Shot– 73 Seconds to Photograph Bill Gates by Gary Parker
- Getting The Shot: Blue Bulldog by Gary Parker
- LEARNING FROM THE PRO’S: Gary Parker on Having Fun on a Commercial Dog Shoot
Enjoy, but please come back to visit me sometime too – ;-)